Saturday, October 15, 2011

Makin' Bacon

Welcome to Bacon Weekend!!!

I just went to the store and bought more bacon than should be allowed. I mean seriously what is one person going to do with 4 pounds of bacon? ...eat it of course. I wanted to start off with a quick "how to cook bacon in the oven". I'm not sure many of your are aware of what you are missing. Oven bacon is like the King of all the bacon. Just try it once and you will never go back to cooking it on the stove top or *cringe* the microwave.

Oven Bacon



  • Cover a large cookie sheet with foil and place a wire rack on to top (I use cookie racks) 
  • Place the raw bacon in a row the wire racks
  • Turn oven on to 400 and place bacon in the oven ( do NOT preheat)
  • Roast in the oven for 20 minutes until bacon is crisp and cooked.
  • Remove bacon to paper towel lined plates, pat dry, and use however you want.

No comments:

Post a Comment