Saturday, October 8, 2011

Apple Chips

To kick of Applepaloosa I thought we would try something simple. I love love love these chips. They are super easy to make and delicious. I usually end up eating most of them right away. 

Apple Chips

Ingredients
2 apples (I used Gala)

3 tbsp granulated sugar

1/2 tsp cinnamon powder


Directions


Mix the sugar and cinnamon powder in a small bowl and keep aside. Line your baking trays with parchment paper
Wash and dry the apples. Cut off a thin slice off the top and the bottom of each apple. Slice them as thinly as you can, using a sharp knife or a mandoline. I cored the apples before slicing them but you don’t have too.

Lay the slices in a single layer, close to each other. Sprinkle half of the sugar evenly on the apple slices. 

Bake them at 200 for about 1 hour flip them over and sprinkle the reaming sugar over the apples and bake for another hour until dry and crisp. 







No comments:

Post a Comment