Sunday, September 25, 2011

Chicken Rice Soup

I hope you all like soup because I am addicted. I make a lot of soup. This is one I just put together because I was bored and was running out of my freezer supply of soup. I will make big batches and freeze soups in individual containers so I can grab them for lunches or a quick dinner. Like most of my recipes this is more of a guideline recipe. Play around with the ingredients. 

Chicken Rice Soup




Ingredients
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 onion, diced
2 garlic cloves, chopped
2 carrots, peeled, chopped to desired size
2 celery stalks, chopped to desired size
1 bay leaf
1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
½ teaspoon dried basil
4 cups chicken or vegetable broth
2 cups cooked rice ( I had left over brown rice. Use whatever kind you prefer) 
2 cups cooked, shredded chicken
1 cup chopped baby spinach.
Salt and pepper to taste
 
Directions
Place a soup pot over medium heat and add the olive oil. Add the onion, garlic, carrots, celery, basil, cayenne pepper and bay leaf. Cook and stir for about 6 minutes, until the vegetables are softened but not browned. Pour in the broth and bring to a boil. Add in the rice, chicken and spinach; season with salt and pepper. 





No comments:

Post a Comment